Friday, July 29, 2011

A New Home for an Old Blog


In January 2005 I recklessly launched a new blog, Heretic, Rebel, a Thing to Flout over at LiveJournal. Probably not the best choice in the world, but I didn’t know better. I have kept it up ever since. There have been some lean months here or there, but I have been amazingly faithful. Content has evolved. At first I thought I might become some kind of great commentator. But the blog-o-sphere was already crowded with smarter guys and gal. Sometimes it seemed fade back to just a bulletin board of meetings and activities I was involved in. I shamelessly inflicted poetry from time to time which almost no one ever read. In recent years I have run heavily to historical notes with an admixture of whatever the hell else I wanted to scribble about on a given day.

Despite its limitations—like most people avoid it like the plague—LiveJournal was a functional platform. Recently, however it has become unreliable. Based in Russia for the past few years their servers have come under attack for one reason or another occasional interrupting service. I have been unable to post since Monday due to a severe Denial of Service Attack, which they do not seem to be able to deal with. That was the last straw.

I am moving my little pop stand and the far end of the cul-de-sac to Blogger. I hope long time readers will find and follow. Beginning now I will post all entries here. I many continue to post at LiveJournal as well, at least for a while, if it ever gets up and running. And I hope to find a way to transfer my extensive blog archives to this site. I’m told it can be done, but several hours of trying to figure it out have left me anxious and exhausted. Maybe someday.

I will leave the LiveJournal blog up, so that the archives will remain available.

I appreciate any feedback you might have on this re-launch.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you are back up and running. I have enjoyed your writings as they always are written with a bit history and good humor. Good luck with the transfer from LiveJournal.. There has to be a way.

    ReplyDelete